ARAB MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT Attorney
Have you or someone you love been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident in Arab, Alabama? Because we are motorcycle accident attorneys who ride, we know motorcycle accidents and know the problems you face on the road. If you’re on a motorcycle and are hit by a car, you’re three times more likely to be seriously injured, and fourteen times more likely to be killed, than a person injured in an accident involving two cars. The Alabama motorcycle accident lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson dedicate and focus their legal practice on motorcycle victims who have suffered serious personal injury and families of loved ones who have died as a result of another’s negligence. By hiring Ferguson & Ferguson, you know you will be represented by a lawyer who understands the unique needs of motorcycle riders. Call now. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN ARAB
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle accidents
in Alabama. There are various causes of a Arab motorcycle crash including:
- Driver fatigue: Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue.
- Weather and road conditions: Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving. Additionally, poor road conditions contribute to accidents.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Alabama.
- Accidents resulting from drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way to motorcycle riders
- Motorcycle crashes resulting from drivers who misjudge the speed of a motorcycle rider or who do not accurately judge the distance between their car and the motorcycle
- Crashes caused by drivers who don’t see a motorcycle rider
- Accidents caused by tailgating drivers
- Defects in the motorcycle itself
- Driver error
- High blood alcohol levels are a major problem among motorcycle operators.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A ARAB MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- rental car expenses,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- medical bills,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
When a motorcycle accident occurs and results in serious injuries, the victim almost always has to go through extensive medical treatments and procedures. Most Birmingham motorcycle accident victims suffer from head injuries, which in turn can be extremely costly and time-consuming. If brain damage occurs as well, the victim’s life may altered in a significant way.
Other common injuries stemming from motorcycle accidents include:
- Road rash
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Pelvic damage
DAMAGES YOU CAN RECOVER
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced motorcycle accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
WHY HIRE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS FERGUSON AND FERGUSON
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- Locations near you.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
After a motorcycle accident, the smartest thing for your to do is to get a good motorcycle lawyer. At Ferguson & Ferguson, we encourage potential clients and their loved ones to contact us soon after an accident. We offer a free consultation to all potential clients. In your case evaluation, an attorney will review the facts of your case, answer your legal questions and assess whether or not you have a valid claim for your injuries. Our Arab, Alabama motorcycle attorneys are ready to work for you. Our Arab accident law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact us today if you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Alabama. Call 256-534-3435.