ATHENS MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
The motorcycle injury lawyers at Ferguson & Ferguson represent victims of motorcycle accidents who die or are seriously injured in collisions with other vehicles or due to poorly-maintained roads in Alabama. If you or someone you love has died or been injured while riding a motorcycle in Athens, Alabama please contact Ferguson & Ferguson for a free case evaluation. Together, our Athens motorcycle
attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson have more than 40 years of collective experience. Our knowledge and experience result in the best possible outcome for our motorcycle clients’ cases. Call 256-534-3435.
We can help.
CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN ATHENS AL
Thousands are injured each year in motorcycle accidents in Alabama. There are various causes of a Athens motorcycle crash including:
- Driver fatigue Those with disrupted sleep and those that drive commercially for a living are at a higher risk of suffering from driver fatigue.
- Weather and road conditions: Fog, ice, floods, snow and heavy winds create driving hazards and limit visibility for safe driving.
- Driver distractions: Some common distractions are passengers, cell phones, satellite radio, hands-free devices and outside distractions.
- Drunk Driving: Hundreds are killed each year in accidents involving alcohol and drugs in Alabama.
- Accidents caused by drivers who are speeding and who lose control of their vehicle or who are unable to stop in time before hitting a motorcyclist
- Accidents when a motorcycle is cut off by a driver changing lanes
- Motorcycle crashes resulting from drivers who misjudge the speed of a motorcycle rider or who do not accurately judge the distance between their car and the motorcycle
- Crashes caused by drivers who don’t see a motorcycle rider
- Accidents caused by tailgating drivers
- Defects in the motorcycle itself
- Driver error
- High blood alcohol levels are a major problem among motorcycle operators.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A ATHENS MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Immediately file an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol, if the agency has not done so at the scene.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred.
- Track Your Expenses.
A strong claim clearly outlines the financial impact of your accident. Keep records of your:
- rental car expenses,
- mileage driven to doctors’ appointments,
- medical bills,
- time away from work,
- and any other expenses your accident has caused.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
When a motorcycle accident occurs and results in serious injuries, the victim almost always has to go through extensive medical treatments and procedures. Most Athens motorcycle accident victims suffer from head injuries, which in turn can be extremely costly and time-consuming. If brain damage occurs as well, the victim’s life may altered in a significant way.
Other common injuries stemming from motorcycle accidents include:
- Road rash
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Pelvic damage
DAMAGES YOU CAN RECOVER
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced motorcycle accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- All lost earnings past, present and future
- Funeral and burial expenses (wrongful death)
- Lost Wages
- Hospital, rehabilitation and other health care costs
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
WHY HIRE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS FERGUSON AND FERGUSON
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- Locations near you.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
Our Athens, Alabama personal injury attorneys are ready to work for you. If you would like to know more about your rights and options after a serious accident, contact us for a free consultation. Our Athens motorcycle accident law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call now. Call 256-534-3435 or 1-800-752-1998.
We are here to help.